Wow. Twenty Years!
It's hard to imagine. I vividly remember my grandfather saying one time that as you get older, time seems to go by faster. Again, he was right about something. It seems like only yesterday when we were sitting in the Advanced Cabling office, a converted storage unit building down off of 69th Street and Scott Hamilton Drive in Southwest Little Rock, trying to find enough work for our three technicians for the day.
Not only have we grown and evolved over the past 20 years, but technology has done the same, if not even faster and more amazing. Consider the following facts:
- Wifi first released in 1997 when a committee called 802.11 was created
- Until 1999, the US degraded GPS signals available to the public due to national security concerns
- In October 2000, AT&T became the first US cell company to offer text messaging on mobile phones
- In 2004, Google went public
- In 2005, YouTube was developed and then bought by Google for $1.65 billion
- The first generation iPhone was introduced in 2007, only 10 years ago!
So what does the future hold? As with some of the examples above, we see how over the past 20 years, technology has radically changed the way that we shop, bank, consume media and even communicate.
We can only assume that more of the same is coming. The advent of drone usage, the latest in virtual reality, the many uses of artificial intelligence and the appearance of driverless cars are some of the cutting edge technologies that we are seeing now.
As we move past our 20 year inception here at Advanced, we know one thing for certain: things will change. They always have and they always will. And if a company is not growing and evolving and embracing change, then it is essentially dying.
So as we work to study and educate and push the envelope to learn which new technologies can better help you connect and protect your assets, we want to thank you in supporting us for the past 20 years. Here's to 20 more, as we try and "change the way you view technology."
Michael Kennedy, President